Sunday, August 1, 2010

TEDx - a Critical Analysis!






As shared on TEDx facebook page:
Summing up the TEDx experience, it was the first of its kind for me (and im sure so is the case for many others) and i thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it. Here is what I have to say about the event despite being unable to make it to the 1st session (I joined during the tea break)

Speakers: Of what I saw, a few were not as inspiring and motivational for the audience as they should have been. Surely the speakers list could have been betterd. However, Mudassar Zia, Nadeem ul Haq and Dr. Zeeshan Usmani were simply marvelous. Mudassar ingrained in us the importance of doing things by our very own hands. Little things count. Do them! Nadeem Sahib was the one person who really inspired me to get out of the auditorium and start doing something good for the country and our society. The economist in him really showed his true colors to his country. Dr. Zeeshan was marvelous in his creativity and ingenuity in developing the suicide simulation software. His work tells the tale of common people in Pakistan working to promote peace and stability instead of just blaming the Govt and the ruling elite. This is the force of thought guided in the right direction.
I heard Arif Hassan was also pretty good but unfortunately, I wasnt able to make it in time to hear his good words.

Organizing: Despite being helped by many volunteers, the end result was pretty good considering the fact that they got together barely 2 months before and worked hard to make this event a possibility. I have personal experience of working with student bodies and I do know the pressure when things dont go as planned, which happened a few times in the technical area. But we can forget them, cant we? Taking into account their professional inexperience, they did a marvelous job. For that, they do deserve a standing ovation!! Three cheers for Team TEDx Lahore! By the way, Nirala milk was simply irresistible! :P

Goody Bags: I cant ignore them. :) The saplings are so good for the environment. I just planted it today in my garden. It will surely remind me of my day at Ali Institute with all these talented people. The vouchure was a great idea promoting the habbit of reading Books which we so lack these days, thanks to the internet! The TEDx booklet was a marvelous thing to have. Awsome work, designers! A green match? What was that about? Saplings and matches dont go together! :)

Audience: Talented pool of young bright minds sitting together learning from the maestros.

PS., I wasnt officially invited to the event, however I sneaked in the hall when I was told that there isnt much checking into getting in. So my curiosity, interest and pursuit of something good got the better of me and I hopped in the bandwagon of social change. Sorry TEDx, but I couldnt resist not coming. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment